Chemistry 100 Research paper Guidelines:
You will have the opportunity to sign up for an element that you would like to research
(only one person per element). This is a first come, first served basis. Everyone must
choose a different element.
-Report should be typed, 12 point font, and double spaced
-Report should be between 2 to 4 pages
-Do not use I, we, or you. Use third person.
-Grammar, coherence, transitions, and form will be graded.
-Report should include four sources cited within the paper and on a reference page
-Sources should be documented in MLA or ACS format
-Please abide by the plagarism policy- DO NOT PLAGARAIZE.
The sources may include only one website (no Wikipedia). Other sources may include
textbook, journal, and other books.
For the element topic, the following information should be included:
1) Title including name of element (on a title page)
2) Discuss important properties of the element including at least three compounds in
which the element appears
3) Discuss biological, biomedical, and/or commercial applications of the element.
4) Discuss other interesting facts about the element.
For the other topics, the following information should be included:
1) Title including specific topic chosen (on title page)
2) Discuss what the topic is scientifically (describe it)
3) Discuss important applications of the chosen topic such as biological, biomedical,
and/or commercial applications
4) Discuss any other information of interest (try to tie it to your career interest)