Mandatory: Review the Institute of Medicines 2010 report The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.
Discuss the influence of the IOM report on nursing practice. Include the following:
1) Summarize the four messages outlined in the IOM report
a) explain why these are significant to nursing practice.
2) Discuss the direct influence the IOM report has on nursing education and nursing leadership.
3) Describe the benefits and opportunities for BSN-prepared nurses.
4) Explain why it is important that a nurses role and education evolve to meet the needs of an aging and increasingly diverse population.
5) Discuss the significance of professional development, or lifelong learning, and its relevance in caring for diverse populations across the life span and within the health-illness continuum.
6) Discuss how nurses can assist in effectively managing patient care within an evolving health care system.