1. After the 9/11 attack why do you think officials were asked to draw a connection between the attack and Saddam Hussain? What did the research actually conclude?
2. In the film the following statement was made: I dont know what they were smoking but it must have been pretty good what was this statement in reference to? What case did the Bush administration make to invade and go to war with Iraq?
3. What was the NSPD-24 and how did this mark the beginning of the disaster in Iraq?
4. What was the state department Future of Iraq Project?
5. During the occupation what contributed to the chaos in Iraq?
6. Explain the acronym ORHA; what were some of the roles and responsibilities of this US government office?
7. One of the soldiers involved in the invasion stated that the outcome in Iraq would have been different if there was leadership with experience of boots on the ground and a managerial grasp of how this war was to be carried out. What do you think he meant by this statement? What are some examples of these points in the film?
8. What was the VOID, referred to in the film? How did this contribute to the insurgency in Iraq?
9. Presidential Envoy Jerry Bremer implemented three policies considered to have further destabilized Iraq; which of the three was considered especially explosive? Why? Only one of the three policies should be used in your response if you choose to include the answer to this question in your response.
10. What event(s) was specifically noted as the beginning of the state of insurgency in Iraq?