Who we are today is in large part defined by our cultures, societal connections, customs, and morals we learned as children. In our life journey we continually redefine our identities as we encounter more experiences and more people.
For this discussion post, discuss the concept of culture. Include the following:
1. How would you define culture? Discuss all the various ways you can consider culture (personal, geographic, organizational, etc.).
2. With which cultures do you most identify? What are the internal and external characteristics of your culture(s)?
3. What cultural norms did you learn as a child? What stereotypes are connected to those cultures?
Your initial discussion post should be at least 300 words (about three paragraphs).
Initial Post Checklist:
· Did you use scholarly resources to support your work?
· Did you discuss each area in the instruction and Grading Rubric?
· Did you use APA?
Digital Resource (Links to an external site.): American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Constellation: Kahn, A. (2015). The ecology of diversity: Examining individuals, societies, and cultures. San Diego, CA. Bridgepoint Education.
Constellation: Sole, K., & Landrum, R. E. (2015). Academic research and writing: A guide for the social sciences. San Diego, CA. Bridgepoint Education.