Conduct a search for health IT systems that are common in similar health care organizations that employ about 250 physicians. Search for five hospitals and three outpatient clinics.
Select a health IT system that you want to implement in the health care organization (e.g., electronic medical records (EMR), consolidated provider order entry (CPOE), ePrescribing (eRX), etc.).
Note: The IT system must have a clinical focus.
Write a 525- to 700-word proposal that identifies the health IT system you want to implement. Your proposal should:
· Provide a description and specifications of the IT system you selected.
· Explain why the health IT system is needed.
· Explain why this particular system was selected.
· Explain if the organization is ready to make the change.
· Explain how the new health IT system will affect the organization.
· Establish SMART goals for the implementation process.
Note: Your instructor will need to approve your proposal before you can move on to the IT System Implementation assignments in Weeks Two through Six.
Cite 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines