General Reception skills: Legislation (8 marks)
- A minimum of 2 pieces of current and appropriate legislation governing the job of a receptionist or a front office representative for a chosen organisation are outlined
- A minimum of 4 relevant security and emergency procedures for a chosen organisation are identified (4 marks)
General Office Skills: Data Protection (8 marks)
- Importance of data protection in the modern office
- Methods of properly processing data under the data protection legislation
- Appropriate methods of data storage
- How data may be disclosed under the data protection legislation
General Office Skills: Health and Safety (8 marks)
- Methods of limiting damage to people in the event of an emergency.
- Methods of limiting damage to property in the event of an emergency.
As part of workbook completion, for certain questions learners will select an organisation(s) of choice that function in the Irish environment, and, using their knowledge gained in the programme, analyse organisational performance on a number of specific headings, giving relevant examples to illustrate answers where appropriate.
It is suggested that students should consult with the tutor before final submission, to ensure they are meeting the brief and that their responses are of sufficient quality to maximise marks; tutor will clarify, if necessary, and offer broad advice on workbook entries, but will not mark a draft or offer specific advice on any section.
Learners may use a variety of research methods as preparation for completion of workbook but should familiarise themselves with the KWETB position on plagiarism, and ensure that all submitted work is their own, and sources are cited, if necessary.